Dermaplaning & Prices
I now offer Dermaplaning…
Dermaplaning is a method of exfoliation that consists of using a 10 gauge scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion. It also eliminates that annoying peach fuzz ! Dermaplaning removes all the dead skin cells and also the facial hair, leaving the surface ultra smooth, fresh and bright. It allows for greater penetration of skincare products and creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly.
Pros & Cons of Dermaplaning
- It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
- It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep
- It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
- It can be performed frequently.
- It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
- It can help significantly lighten post inflammatory scars from past acne.
- It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
- It is typically more expensive than some other hair-removal treatments.
- The results might not be as long-lasting as other hair-removal methods, such as waxing, as the hair
is not removed from the root.
- Results will differ depending on a client’s individual hair-growth cycle.
- Not everyone is a candidate. Clients with active and cystic acne should avoid this type of hair
removal, as it can cause further irritation. Also, it is contraindicated for clients with hirsutism, a condition of excessive male-pattern hair growth in women.
£30 to include enzyme peel.
£40 to include enzyme peel and mask.